IUSSTF: The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, that promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowship : To address the need for human resource development and capacity building in the frontier area of Building Energy Efficiency; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have developed a dynamic visitation program between Indian and US institutions and premier US Universities. The Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowships are envisaged to create a sustainable and vibrant linkage between the two nations, as well as build long term Indo-American science and technology relationships.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in US academia and labs;
- Promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Building Energy Efficiency;
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
For Student Internships:
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D., M.Tech/ M.S.(Research)/M.Arch in Science / Engineering / Technology / Architecture at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
Areas: Building Energy Efficiency / Built Environment / Habitat Energy Efficiency
Age: Up to 32 years as on 31 December 2019
- Indian citizens having Ph.D./M.Tech./M.S.(Research)/M.Arch. in Science, Engineering, Technology or Architecture in the specific area of Building Energy Efficiency / Built Environment / Habitat Energy Efficiency. Relaxation in qualifications could be made for individuals with proven and considerable research background and experience who are part of a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicants must be pursuing independent research on extra-mural / industry-supported research projects and should have credentials expected of an established researches
- Employment: A regular position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2019.
Fellowship /Internship Includes:
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Air fare
- Contingency Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and up to 6 months
- Fellowships: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
Place of work:
The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution/ laboratory where he/she would undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
Submission Deadline : 30 November 2019
For more details visit OIUSSTF