Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND Action CONEX-Plus Postdoctoral Fellowships at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) is launching a fellowship programme for incoming mobility, called CONEX-Plus. This fellowship programme aims to accelerate the training and career development of international Experienced Researchers, based on the so-called triple ‘i’ dimension (International aspects, Intersectoral exposure and Interdisciplinarity).
About the Fellowships
The CONEX-Plus programme offers 30 fellowships with a duration of 3 years and a gross annual salary of €41,203.62 in addition to other economic benefits, such as family allowance or research expenses. The fellowships are based on an individual, freely-chosen, research project that will be carried out at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) and a non-academic secondary organization. Each fellow will have two supervisors (one from UC3M and another from the secondary organization) to support their career development. A list of UC3M supervisors can be found on the programme website.
First call: the CONEX-PLUS programme offers 20 fellowships with a duration of 3 years
The strategic research areas are identified in the Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialisation (RIS3) of the Madrid Autonomous Region:
- Advanced Materials, Manufacturing Technologies and Space
- Energy, Environment and Transport (including Aeronautics)
- Health and Biotechnology
- Information Technologies and Communications
In addition, projects in the research area of Social Sciences and Humanities may be proposed, as long as they are applied to the aforementioned areas of the RIS3 strategy.
Project duration : 3 years
- be in possession of a Ph.D. degree at the date of the call deadline;
- have not more than 6 years of postdoctoral research experience.
There are three types of CONEX-Plus fellowships:
- Standard CONEX-Plus fellowships: open to researchers coming to Spain from any other country.
- Career Restart CONEX-Plus fellowships: open to researchers coming to Spain who wish to resume research after a career break.
- Reintegration CONEX-Plus fellowships: open to researchers coming to Spain who wish to return and reintegrate in a research position in Europe.
For the Reintegration CONEX-Plus fellowships, applicants should be nationals of a European Member State or an Associated State to H2020. For the Standard CONEX-Plus fellowships and the Career Restart CONEX-Plus fellowships, applicants may be of any nationality.
Deadline is 30 September 2019.