The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious international scholarship schemes in the world. Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for PhD candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to spend up to 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral studies in their home country.
Targeted beneficiaries: High-quality graduates whose proposed research idea has a developmental focus and who have the potential to become influential teachers or researchers in their home countries.
To get the latest updates on WhatsApp Click here
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are offered under six development themes:
1. Science and technology for development
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity
3. Promoting global prosperity
4. Strengthening global peace, security and governance
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6. Access, inclusion and opportunity
Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
Be registered for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country by the time your scholarship is confirmed.
Ensure that an institutional or departmental link exists between your home university and your proposed UK university.
Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
HOW TO APPLY :
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system.
Supporting documentation: Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 27 November 2019
- Proof of citizenship or refugee status: copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship or refugee status– uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Supporting statement from your supervisor at your home country university, including details of current institutional links, submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor at a UK university, including details of current institutional links, submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Reference from at least one other individual – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
Application deadline: Your application must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 06 November 2019 at the latest
If you have any queries about applying for a Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship, you can Contact here.