75 Research associate fellowships in Biotechnology and Life Sciences at IISC, Bangalore
To get the latest updates on WhatsApp Click here
The Government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology, established the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) in the year 1986 to give a new impetus to the development of the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India. The Secretary, DBT requested Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore to co-ordinate and administer the implementation of the DBT-RA programme in biotechnology and life sciences program.
1.Objective of the Program: To train post-doctoral students in frontier areas of research in Biotechnology and Life Sciences at premier institutions in India.
2.Number of fellowships per year: Up to 75 Fellowships would be awarded every year. Depending on the utility of the program, the number of fellowships to be awarded per year may be revised.
3.Mode of Selection:
- Advertisement released in National English News Papers, including from North East, in the months of February and September every year: Selection done twice per year.
- Hard copies of Applications received in response to advertisements from all over India.
- Selected applicants are called for interviews/presentations in evaluation committees in May & November. The Interviews are held at IISc, Bangalore.
- Selected applicants are sent offer letters in May/November.
- Date of Joining from July 1/January 1.
- Joining reports received from candidates, who joined the program.
- Fellowships are released institute wise, with letters to candidates.
- The applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering or M.D. or M.S. degree in any area of medicine with research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences and a good academic record.
- Those who have already submitted the Ph.D./M.D./M.S., thesis are also eligible to apply.
- The applicants should preferably be below the age of 40 years, and 45 years in case of women candidates.
- Persons already employed are also eligible to apply. However, their applications should be routed through their employers.
6.Annual Calendar of the Program:
- Call for applications in News Papers & on IISc & DBT Web sites: February & September, each year.
- Screening of applications: April & October, each year.
- Selection of applicants by personal interviews in May & November in Expert Committee Meetings.
- Issue of Award letters: May & November.
- Acceptance of award letters by candidates: Upto the candidates (Last date: July 31 & December 31).
- Activation of fellowships: January 1 & July 1.
- Review of Progress of RAs: July & January.
- Extension of fellowship: July & January.
Prof. Arun Kumar
National Program Coordinator, DBT-Research Associateship Program
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development & Genetics
New Biological Sciences Building
Indian Institute of Science
E-mail: email@example.com; Tel: 080-2293 2998
Lab webpage: http://www.mrdg.iisc.ernet.in/arun-kumar/