University of Konstanz Synergy Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020
The University of Konstanz is one of Germany’s Universities of Excellence. The Zukunftskolleg is a central research institution of the University of Konstanz for early career researchers in the natural sciences, humanities and social sciences.
Five 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Zukunftskolleg
Synergy Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme allows two researchers with different disciplinary backgrounds to work on a single project, each contributing their own topical or methodological expertise, while having the opportunity to sharpen their individual research profiles. The Zukunftskolleg provides them with a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research
In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfill all eligibility criteria:
– applicants should be in possession of a doctoral degree granted between October 16, 2017 and December 31, 2019. Earlier graduation dates can be accepted in case of maternity/paternity leave, or working contracts outside academia
– candidates must not hold a permanent professorship, or have a habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible
– applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. Applicants should contact potential mentors (Local Academic Partner) among the researchers at the University of Konstanz in order to ensure appropriate affiliation. Support from a department strengthens the application
– International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in interdisciplinary topics are desirable
The following documents are required to submit the application:
- a complete application form
- motivation letter (1 page max)
- project outline (5 pages max)
- curriculum vitae
- copies of all relevant degree certificates
- writing sample (30 pages max)
- two letters of reference
Application deadline is October 15, 2019.