The Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships were established in 2008 to support excellence in research in areas of research strength at Deakin University, Australia.
The Fellowship provides salary support at Level B Step 6 in Year (ranges from $97,398 – $115,199 per annum1 ; current at 2 March 2019). Successful Fellows also receive a one-off research support grant of $15,000.
Citizenship: Applicants can be Australian or non-Australian citizens.
Duration: 2 years
Applications are open to both Deakin University and external applicants
PhD Award Date: Applicants must have been awarded a PhD on or after 1 January 2016 or, together with allowable career interruptions, have an award of PhD date that would be commensurate with a PhD Award Date of 1 January 2016.
Applicants must hold a PhD in a relevant field of research or must have evidence of having submitted their thesis for examination by 1 September 2019. In the latter case, formal evidence of PhD submission (eg. confirmation of submission on University letterhead) must be provided as an attachment to the Application. Applicants should carefully note the Conditions of the Award pertaining to the offer of a Fellowship as all Fellowship offers are contingent on the applicant providing evidence of having qualified for the award of a PhD by 31 December 2019.
- Monday 30 September 2019 2020 Round opens: Template available via online recruitment system, Deakin Recruit
- 11:59 pm Sunday 10 November 2019 (AEST) Application closes : Applications must be lodged via Deakin Recruit NB: Late Applications will not be accepted. Referee reports must be lodged via firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Friday 20 December 2019 Faculty, Institute Assessment and Ranking provided to email@example.com
- By Friday 10 January 2020 Deakin Research provides collated Assessment and Ranking information to University Research Advisory Committee members
- 13 to 17 January 2020 University Research Advisory Committee meeting (to be confirmed) Successful applicants determined
- By Friday 24 January 2020 (tentative) Applicants notified of outcome by Deakin Research (informal offer)
- By 7 February 2020 (tentative) Applicants issued formal offer by Human Resources Division (formal offer)
- On or before 31 March 2020 Domestic applicants commence Fellowship
- By 30 June 2020 Last commencement date for international applicants (subject to pre-approval by Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research
How to apply
- Liaise with the Faculty/Institute/SRC that aligns most closely with your research interests (refer to the Web Links and Contact Details section in the Guidelines).
- Create your application in Deakin Recruit
- Work with your preferred supervisor to complete the ADPRF 2020 Application Template
- Download the Referee Report and send it to two referees. (Referees should send completed reports to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date and time.)
- Upload the completed ADPRF 2020 Application Template in Deakin Recruit
- Submit the application via Deakin Recruit on or before the closing date and time