The Amsterdam University Medical Centers (AUMC) is a synergy of knowledge and expertise in the fields of autoimmune rheumatic diseases and immunology. The AUMC is looking for 20 ESRs (Early Stage Researchers) positions who want to apply for a PhD project within the Amsterdam Rheumatology Center for AutoImmune Diseases (ARCAID; project 847551) funded by a European Horizon 2020 MSCA-COFUND grant.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL:
Biological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent ;
Medical sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
Computer science: Master Degree or equivalent
- Early-stage researchers (ESR) must, at the date of recruitment by the PI, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience, so time spent on any issue different from research experience does not count in these 4 years) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained a master degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate.
- Conditions of international mobility of researchers: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
- English language: Candidates must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English.
Online Recruitment Procedure
All applications proceeded through the online application form that will be made available on this website. Candidates provided all requested information including a detailed CV (preferably using the Europass template), a motivation letter, grades and optionally one or two reference letters. During registration, applicants needed to prove that they are eligible (three aspects: respect ESR definition, mobility criteria, English language proficiency).
- Estimated start of recruitment procedure: 1st October 2019
- Application deadline: 1st November 2019
- Interviews in the period 15th Nov 2019-1st December 2019
- Invitations for second round and essay : 1-7 December 2019
- Second interview + essay judgement: 7-23 December 2019
- Earliest start (depending on HR procedures): 1st Febuary 2020.