Japan-ASEAN Postdoctoral fellowship 2020: The Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) at Kyoto University, Japan, invites applications for a two-year CSEAS Postdoctoral Fellowship under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies.”
CSEAS attend to a variety of issues, such as:
1) environmental degradation
2) natural resource governance
3) economic growth and distribution
5) aging, health, and welfare
6) urbanization and depopulation
7) emerging infectious diseases
8) natural disasters
The postdoctoral fellowship will be for two years, with a starting date of April 1, 2020.
Researchers with a Ph.D. or proof of a solid research and publication track record in area studies, sociocultural anthropology, geography, sociology, economics, politics, political economy, political ecology, forestry, biology, medicine, ecology, hydrology, climate science, fisheries science, environmental science, disaster science, natural resources, governance or related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
The applicant must not be the recipient of a JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship or similar programs, nor must be in any other regular employment at the time of our fellowship. While the application is open to candidates from all regions of the world, preference will be given to applicants from Southeast Asia or who have Southeast Asian heritage.
- 1) Curriculum Vitae (must include information on language skills, both oral and written; list of presentations at international academic conferences and seminars; fieldwork experiences; list of grants and awards; and complete list of publications, indicating which ones are refereed)
- 2) Two recommendation letters
- 3) Samples of major publications (two samples with abstracts; electronic copies or photocopies are acceptable)
- 4) Summary of scholarly activities and achievements (up to 1200 words)
- 5) Statement of your research, writing, and publication goals for this fellowship, and your contribution to our program (up to 1200 words)
For information on eligibility and application procedures, see here.
For further inquiries, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org (please use “CSEAS fellowships” as subject heading).